Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Splash of Color

So I currently live in my parents house, which is good (hey, no rent!), but can be frustrating. I want to have my own place so that I can have a creative outlet for all of the crazy ideas bouncing around in my head.

Back in July 2010, I bought a chair for my room at my parents house. I needed something else in the room because it's kind of bare and no longer has a desk (that thing bounced around so many places the past four years that I couldn't even tell you where it is)! This is the chair:

 

I knew instantly that when I did get my own place, this would be the inspiration for the house. The chair has so many colors that I love! Mustard, sky blue, and deep crimson red would be other colors that I could introduce throughout the house. 

I was lucky enough to get the first chair on sale. I have been watching the Pier 1 website like a hawk for the past six months waiting for the chair to go on sale again. So far, no luck. A couple weeks ago, I was given a coupon for 20% off of Pier 1, and my mother had just offered to get me a gift for watching the house, dogs, and little brother/third dog while they were out of town. What a perfect coincidence of events!

I ordered the second chair and will be picking in up next week. I can not wait to move into a house/apartment (hopefully sometime in the near future) and use these chairs as my inspiration. I can see them across from a neutral colored couch covered in these pillows:
 



Just realized those are FSU colors. YES! Go Seminoles! :)

No comments: