Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beauty Favorites

I thought I would write about a few of my favorite beauty products. I have found a few staples that I don't stray from, but there are some things I am always changing--in search for the perfect fit for my skin.



I wash my face daily with Say Yes to Tomatoes Daily Clarifying Cleanser. I just started using this, but I already love it. It smells great, is 98% natural (fewer harsh chemicals), and makes my skin feel smooth.



I take my makeup off as soon as I get home from work and these are my favorite wipes from Neutrogena. The smell is calming, and the wipes moisturize my face at the same time as they clean it. I also have the Say Yes to Blueberries Makeup Removing Wipes, but haven't used them yet.



Aveeno's Positively Radient Daily Moisturizer is a product I have been using for years. It has SPF 15 (I always wear sunscreen on my face) and is smooth on my skin, which is helpful when applying makeup.



My two favorite products from NARS are the blush in "Orgasm" (quite a name, huh?) and the Pure Matte Lipstick in Carthage. Orgasm is NARS most popular product for a reason. It has the perfect amount of pink, bronze, and sparkle. The Pure Matte Lipstick is long lasting, bright, and an awesome shade of hot pink. It adds a little oomph to my daily makeup!



The best bronzer I have come across is from Hoola from Benefit. It is a matte bronzer (with no shimmer whatsoever), which I really like, because I already use a shimmery blush and I don't want to look like a disco ball at work. I can put it all over my face (this is also good, because I don't let my face get any sun), without looking too fake. If I want a little shimmer (to go out at night) I add a little bit of Bare Minerals bronzer in Trudy.



I used to spend $$$ on designer mascaras, but I always found that drugstore mascara works best for me. I go through it quickly (it gets clumpy after about a month and a half) and this Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion gives me volume and length. I get the waterproof so it lasts all day. It comes off in a cinch with the Neutrogena wipes.

Things I am still looking to perfect? I use Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation, but I still find it a bit too oily for my skin. I have also used Makeup Forever (my favorite so far), and Neutrogena. I think I will be going back to MakeUp Forever when I need a new bottle, but suggestions are welcome!

No comments: