Friday, March 30, 2012

Hot Yoga is....Hot....

I am always open to trying new fitness classes. I have done Step, Body Pump, Zumba, Spinning, and TRX. The only one I stuck with was Step (in college) and TRX (did it for a few months last year).

I have a few Facebook friends always talking about Bikram Yoga at this studio--the practice of yoga in a room heated to 105 degrees. Sounds crazy, right? IT IS.

I really wanted to try it. Yoga has never really been my thing--I am not all Woooosaa and Namaste. I don't shop at lululemon and I don't like granola. Okay...those are stereotypes, but ya know what I'm saying? Anyway, I always like to try something new.

Let's just say, I don't think it is for me. I did all the right things. 1. Hydrate like crazy 24 hours before. 2. Don't drink caffeine before class. 3. Come on a empty stomach. 4. Wear almost no clothing. I almost passed out twice, got super dizzy, and overall, just wasn't having a good time. It obviously takes some getting used to, but I don't think I'll be back for more. The teacher was very nice, accommodating, and helpful, but it's just not for me!

Up next, my friend Virginia (who sweetly went to Bikram with me) and I are going to try Barre Pilates. She has been before and assures me it is a good workout! Can't wait!

No comments: